Six days after the inauguration in January Dr. Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control, sat down with CNN’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta to discuss the events of the past year.
During the conversayion, Dr. Robert Redfield revealed publicly for the first time that he believed the Covid-19 coronavirus originated in a lab in China.
He must have felt safe to say this since Trump was now out of the White House and had been saying this same thing for months.
Following his public statements, Dr. Redfield said he received numerous death threats from fellow scientists.
That is just stunning!
Former Centers for Disease Control Director Robert Redfield on Thursday told Vanity Fair he received death threats from other scientists for saying he suspected COVID-19 originated in the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
Redfield told Vanity Fair the death threats came after he told CNN in March, “I am of the point of view that I still think the most likely etiology of this pathogen in Wuhan was from a laboratory, you know, escaped.”
“I was threatened and ostracized because I proposed another hypothesis,” Redfield, a virologist by trade, told the magazine. “I expected it from politicians. I didn’t expect it from science.”
Once dismissed as a conspiracy theory, the idea the novel coronavirus escaped from the Wuhan lab is gaining attention. Vanity Fair’s report claims the U.S. government stood in the way of even discussing the theory.
Read More The Gateway Pundit